Monday, June 16, 2014

Lesson Plans and Programs

I know it's crazy to think that we have already finished another year of school. We homeschool year round and take longer breaks for Christmas and holidays so I am working on getting all of my lesson plans together for the 2014-15 school year. Even if you don't homeschool year round, now is a good time to get ready for fall.

There are several ways you can create your lesson plans and many ways to organize them. I know several families who use a student/teacher planner and have their children write down their lessons weekly. You can also keep track of your younger children in a planner. There are planners you can purchase and planners you can download and print for free. Donna Young has great, free printables that are great. Peaceful Mom has some simple forms that are also free and printable. The Homeschool Mom has an entire system you can print for free. With a little bit of research, you can find what works for you. The links in this blog are just suggestions and have been helpful to me.

Another way to keep track of lesson plans is using a computer program or app. I like using Evernote . Evernote can be synced with tablets, phones, computers. We have it on every device so my children can access their lessons easily. There are a variety of programs that can be downloaded for free. The two I like are Homeschool Tracker and Homeschool Skedtrack . For the most part, I use Evernote for the lesson plans and I keep track of grades and completed assignments on the forms I shared in the Helpful Forms post.  Below is a video showing you how I use Evernote for my lesson plans. It also shows you how to use it with Easy Peasy .




Homeschooling is a lot easier than it was 15 years ago. We now have many free resources online and support groups we can join. I hope you take advantage of these resources. I have only shared with you a few. You can search for others and I will share more as I find them. 

Happy Homeschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment