Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Artists in The Making

I love art! Unfortunately, I'm have absolutely no talent for drawing, painting or anything resembling that kind of art. Blue, however, is very artistic in the art of drawing. She has been really good with anime and is now expanding her work to other genres. I'm pretty impressed with how she has improved over a very short period of time. She gets a lot of her techniques and inspiration from Disney and Mark Crilley videos on YouTube. Just search his name and you will find more videos than you probably need. He posts a new one every Friday.  Here are some of her latest drawings.





She has been such an inspiration to her siblings. Pinkie has decided to work on her drawing abilities and drew this.
 
I know this seems more like a brag post. Maybe it is. I do however, want you to know how you can utilize websites like YouTube to teach your children.
 
The word "Artist" means something different to everyone. We also have musical, crocheting, cooking, and fashion artists in our family. I have three children in piano lessons but I can't afford to put all of my children in piano. We have found a great alternative. We use Hoffman Acadmey but there are many others: Zebra Keys, Piano Nanny, Go Piano, Piano Lessons, and How to Play Piano. These are just a few. I found many of them on A Year of Homeschooling blog.
 
You can find almost anything you want to learn on YouTube or a blog somewhere on the web. I hope some of these links help in your homeschooling endeavors.
 
Happy homeschooling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment