Saturday, May 31, 2014

Helpful Forms

I know I have been MIA for the last several months. Let's just say, life happened.  I plan on homeschooling through the summer with a few breaks since we take breaks throughout the year. I have had a few people ask me how we do our schedule and keep my kids accountable and on track. I have to say that we don't always, but most of the time we do pretty well. That is the life of homeschooling. I have a dear friend who has really helped me with this part of homeschooling. She is a longtime homeschooler and has made some forms that help her keep track of what her kids are doing and help her kids be a little more accountable to her and themselves. There is one for older kids and one for younger kids. I have been using these this year and they seem to have worked. My children have to have these forms completed and in their binder before the end of the day, which is 5:00 pm for my family. 

The first form is for older children, but I have a younger child who prefers to use this one. Here is where you can print the form for the older students. I have scanned both forms into my computer since I do not have them on my computer. Here is the link to the form for the younger children. I do not use these forms for children who cannot write.

My children have been taught to be self directed and self taught. We start when they are really young. We direct the majority of their learning but give them opportunities to direct portions of their education. It has really paid off with my older children. I am already seeing one of my twins (5) begin to become more independent in her schooling. I have found that this approach has given my children more confidence in their own abilities to teach themselves something new and not be afraid of exploring in education.

I hope these forms help you as much as they have helped me. I am so thankful my friend shared them with me and has given me permission to share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment