Wednesday, January 1, 2014

October Catch Up!

October was a great month we learned about Christopher Columbus, made our own Halloween costumes and had a co-op party. I didn't get pictures of our Christopher Columbus day. I forgot my camera. We learned about his voyages, watched a movie, learned about the different kinds of ships they sailed in and the courses he took and then did some fun worksheets. 

Here are some of the fun Halloween pictures. We made some of the costumes and others we borrowed. We went to a few parties and a trunk-or-treat at our church. 

This is a cake my sister and her kids made for our co-op party. The cupcakes had ghosts and headstones on them and were provided by a good friend who hosts the co-op meetings at her house. 

My kids and I made the bag of bones with pretzel sticks, mini marshmallows and white chocolate melt. They were fun, easy and a total hit!
For all of you Dr. Who fans, you will know what these next few pictures are without an explanation. For those of you who are not Whovians, I will explain. 

Peaches is a huge Dr. Who fan! Peaches, her cousin and friend decided to coordinate costumes this year. Peaches and her cousin made their own Weeping Angels costumes and their friend came as the Tardis, (Dr. Who's time traveling machine).

Luke and Leia dressed as...Luke and Leia and their cousin went as their father. ;) I crocheted Leia's buns. 
Pinky was a fairy while her friends went as a nerd and Link from the game Zelda. 
Here are some great friends from our co-op and their awesome older brother who was more than happy to participate and help with our party. 
Blue was a pirate and The Brain was a beautiful witch. My niece did most of the makeup for my kids and did an amazing job. 
I have always loved Halloween! Hopefully this year I will actually post my Halloween fun during the month of October instead of January of the following year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment