Thursday, January 2, 2014

November and December Oh My!

November came and went in a flash and so did December. I was so busy I didn't get many pictures of schooling. I left the family pictures to my husband and children and they took plenty of those. In November, however, I was on my morning walk and found a nest lying on the ground. I decided to pick up that nest and take it home to show my children and teach the little ones about birds. We watched several short videos on how birds make their nests and about different types of birds. We also did a few crafts and worksheets on birds. They loved it and were very excited. 
Luke was so excited about the nest he decided that he needed to take his own picture. I think he did a pretty good job. 
Peaches loves silly hats, nerdy glasses and little kids. Put all of that together and give her a camera and this is what happens. 
Craziness I tell you! ;) Peaches and Pinky had a Christmas concert with their choir. It was wonderful and they looked so beautiful they almost made their dad cry. He is having a hard time with them growing up so fast. 
We spent a lot of the month of December learning about the true meaning of Christmas, sewing, crafting and serving others. We still found time to do math, English, science and social studies. It was one crazy month. This is the end of our little catch-up session. I am excited to see what the new year brings! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment