Monday, January 13, 2014

Messy Fun!

This last week was very busy and the weather was wild. We had rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow, wind and a little bit of sunshine. My little ones were a bit antsy because they were cooped up inside most of the time. They were having a hard time focusing on schoolwork and started tormenting each other just for kicks. We thought it would be a good time to try something new. We went outside and brought a tub of snow inside and painted it with colored water. They had a blast. It was a little messy but fairly easy cleanup. We used a small tote, I didn't want a huge watery mess when the snow melted. 
We scooped some out onto a plastic plate for each child. I used a cupcake tin to mix the colored water. We just used a drop or two of food coloring and it worked great!
The colors were brilliant and the kids were happy. 

We also had fun painting dinosaurs in our dinosaur book. After the pages dried, the littles practiced writing the letter D. 

I found the dinosaur book on Enchantedlearning.com. I love this website. It is well worth the small annual fee. 

Peaches is getting her craft on! She made this adorable top out of a t-shirt. I think she did an amazing job. 


This week is full and busy. We are getting excited for our co-op Valentine party. 

I hope this week goes well for you all. Happy homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment