Thursday, June 20, 2013

Writing Mini Office

I love the writing mini office but I love anything that has to do with reading and writing. I had so many resources for this one, I hope I can remember where I got them all. Most of my cards and stuff that don't have a separate link came from here. You have to search this website. It's worth signing up for a free membership. There are some items that cost money but there's plenty of free stuff. The material I used for this mini office was all free. The parts of speech posters were found there and I just printed four to a page to make them into cards. I got my good writer posters from here, just click on the link on the left that says posters. He had a lot of great stuff on his blog. He's pretty amazing. I also printed four to a page and just created a bigger pocket. I got my pocket templates from here and I can't find the template that I used for the extra large pocket but you can get one from here. The rest of it I found here.  I found random clip art from Google and my Word program. If you have any questions as to how to put it together, you can look at the links on my Geography Mini Office post. I used better quality file folders for this one. I believe they were Staples brand and I have to say they worked out much better and I can definitely see the difference.

Here is the cover of the writing mini office. I like that it says "I'm An Awesome Writer!" on the front. I say that to my children with the most cheesy and schmaltz like voice I can muster. Drives them crazy, but I think they love it deep down....maybe really, really deep down.......mmmm....maybe not, but I know they love me...or at least they say they do. ;)
Opening the office from left to right, like a book...
This is now folding it back up on the other side. 
Here it is ready to use as an office. This is the front side and the second picture is the back side. Sometimes my girls will sit on opposite sides and one will use one side while the other uses the opposite side. That is called cooperation, just in case you were wondering. ;)
These are some of the "Parts of Speech" cards and "Parts of a Story" cards. The "Good Reading and Writing" cards had so many and they were so big I didn't think a picture was necessary. If you want to see what they look like, follow the link above. I printed them on colored card stock because they are in black, white and gray and my kids like color. Pinky was kind enough to color my "Parts of a Story" cards because they too are in black and white.
I didn't mention this in the Geography mini office post but I highly suggest having another able bodied person help with the contact lamination, it can get pretty sticky and cause a bit of stress if not done with someone who knows what they are doing. I have trained my older children on how to laminate using both contact paper and my laminating machine so they have been helping me since they were about 8 years old. However, my wonderful SIL was making her mini offices at the same time so we did ours together and it went a lot smoother. 

If you have any mini offices you have done that you would like to share, please tell me about them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment